Our COVID Precautions
BVA has made significant changes in the way we see patients to help provide a safe environment for your patients and our staff. We are seeing patients in our Edmond and Norman offices as well as our satellite offices in south OKC, Kingfisher, Shawnee, Yukon, Weatherford and Okemah.
- BVA staff may wear masks during patient encounters.
- Patients are strongly encouraged but not required to wear masks while in our office.
- Equipment, chairs, and surfaces are disinfected before and after the patient’s exam.
- Our clinic schedule will allow for these added precautions.
- Surgery patients are required to have COVID-19 testing within 1 week of the surgery date for each eye.
- Drive-thru testing is provided at the surgical center.
- Testing is billed to the patient’s insurance.
- Patients are required to be in strict self-quarantine from the time of COVID-19 testing until surgery.
- No same-day surgeries will be available at this time.
- Only the surgical patient is allowed in the surgical center.
- Surgical centers have limited their schedules initially to allow for 4 cycles of air filtration between cases (additional 15 minutes).
- Due to a backlog of canceled cataract surgeries, priority of surgical scheduling will be given to:
- Patients waiting to have 2nd eye surgery.
- Patients that had previously scheduled surgeries canceled due to COVID-19.
- The surgery center will notify the patient of the surgery arrival time once negative COVID-19 test results are received.
- Patient will typically be notified the day before surgery.
Although these changes have placed additional responsibilities on our staff, we are trying to make your patient’s experience at our office as enjoyable and stress-free as possible. To help us streamline this process, it is extremely important to provide the following prior to your patient’s visit:
- Patient’s medical insurance information
- BVA Patient Forms
- Available as a handout in your office
- Available on our website: New Patients
- Directly mailed to the patient by BVA
We are hopeful that these changes will be temporary, but as always we will strive to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for your patient. If you have any questions or concerns about our recent changes, please let us know.